Really enjoying my time with this one! Would love to see a fantasy version of it too!
A downloadable game
Space Weirdos is a “skirmish heartbreaker.” About 10 years ago everyone was publishing their own old-school D&D hacks. Now a bunch of OSR nerds are turning to wargaming and discovering that the minis games are just as bad as RPGs for edition creep and other unforgivable crimes. So I'm publishing a short and sweet set of miniatures rules.
You’re wondering what makes Space Weirdos different from other games. Not much! It takes what I like from other games and mashes it all together.
- Low model count: 5-10 models or so for each side.
- Use any minis you have.
- Short but comprehensive. Everything in one 16 page zine.
- Minimal tokens, but still a few because I like them.
- No tape measures or rulers, all movement and ranges are measured with 5” sticks.
- Uses all your RPG dice (except the d20, d20's get enough love) because dice are fun.
- A points system, but you shouldn’t worry about it too much.
- Alternating activations, opposed rolls, Command Points, and random tables mean everyone is involved and rolling dice all the time.
- A separate 4-page solo rules document.
- A pdf with tokens, hobby advice, and a warband sheet.
If you like minis games or 40K but giant rulebooks turn you off or seem intimidating, maybe give this a shot.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey Casey, I’m a content creator on youtube (Dungeon Masterpiece) and would love to talk to you about this game. Is this something you’d be willing to provide a Creative Commons Attribution or Open Game Licence for? I’d love to make some narrative scenarios for this.